Q4 2019 Cybersecurity Scorecard
The Current State of the Legal Industry
Our Cybersecurity Scorecard is published regularly to educate the legal industry on the current state of cybersecurity preparedness. Download it now to better understand your risks and begin to take action.
As Featured In:
Security breaches can be debilitating for law firms and cost them time, money and their reputations. Even if you believe your firm is secure, we recommend that you download this report. It demonstrates three key findings. First, most law firms aren’t implementing top-weighted cybersecurity protocols. Second, many law firms don’t have formal measures in place to keep their data secure. Third, law firms require better cybersecurity management.
How do we know this? LOGICFORCE surveyed and assessed more than 200 IT decision makers across small and medium-sized law firms (20-200 attorneys) located throughout the United States working in a full complement of practice areas. The information in this study is a compilation of critical data points determined by LOGICFORCE and gathered through client surveys, our proprietary SYNTHESIS E-IT SECURE® assessments, and market research.
- 54% of law firms report being audited by one or more clients at least once – a 13% increase since the last scorecard.
- Only 37% of law firms are vetting the cybersecurity and data management policies of their third-party service providers.
- 55% of law firms surveyed have documented policies and procedures.
- 54% of law firms have formally documented training programs for staff.
- Only 24% of law firms have implemented SOC monitoring.
Data breaches have become a risk to every law firm throughout the world regardless of the number of attorneys, revenues or practice areas. Download this report now so you can understand your risks and take action.