WE ARE PART OF YOUR TEAM NOT JUST A DIGITAL FORENSIC VENDOR
We take the time to understand your case and determine how the digital evidence was involved. We strive to comprehend upfront which answers you seek and how our efforts will weave into the fabric of your case. We always work with an eye toward a court proceeding. As we are accessing digital evidence, we are cognizant of the defensibility of our methodologies.
We seek to eliminate any opportunity for charges of spoliation, tampering or alteration of the evidence we have collected. This provides a solid evidence foundation on which to build your case. We have a firm understanding of the processes involved in both criminal and civil litigation as well as the intricacies of internal corporate investigations.
Unlike many forensic vendors in the market, LOGICFORCE will back up our work as an expert witness in court or any environment where we need to explain or defend the collection process of our findings. This will provide peace of mind because you can be assured our team is standing with you as your forensic partner. The result? You can move ahead with confidence, knowing the evidence we show you is real, accurate and you can take action based on it.
WE ARE INVESTIGATORS, FIRST AND FOREMOST
As digital forensic investigators, we are obsessed with getting to the heart of the matter. Digital evidence is often fragmentary in nature, which presents you with a digital puzzle. We help you solve that puzzle by digging deep into both the digital devices and behavior of users to uncover the who, what, when, where, why and how questions that are the cornerstone to any investigation.
We can tie together data sources from differing technologies to provide you with a comprehensive picture of the incident. We complete the digital puzzle, whether from a mobile phone, laptop, desktop, server, tablet, thumb drive or other digital device. We do not relent until we are sure we have a firm understanding of the totality of the evidence available to us.
TIME, EXPERTISE AND EQUIPMENT
Digital forensic work is highly specialized. It requires technological savvy, training in sophisticated techniques and a careful approach. Most lawyers and corporate executives do not have the time or expertise to accomplish these tasks alone.
We have a state-of-the-art digital forensic lab and treat each case with care and individual attention. You can focus on your day job while we handle technical matters and bring you the results. LOGICFORCE is prepared to discover the truth so you can properly guide your case through whatever legal or corporate process may be required.
YOU NEED CERTAINTY
Whether you are conducting an internal investigation or diving into high dollar litigation, you have to be sure the actions you are taking are justified by the evidence and that evidence is sound. As technology advances, more often evidence is found on digital media. At LOGICFORCE, we understand what is at stake and are fully dedicated to conducting thorough investigations and producing results that you and others can understand. When you need certainty, you need LOGICFORCE.
OUR CORE DIGITAL FORENSIC SERVICES
While there are many ways to apply our capabilities to your situation, here are some core Digital Forensic services you can acquire from LOGICFORCE:
- Digital Forensic neutral-party services
- eDiscovery collections
- Employee departure services
- Digital Forensic investigations
DIGITAL FORENSIC NEUTRAL-PARTY SERVICES
Our digital forensic neutral-party services provide an avenue for opposing parties to come together on whatever little common ground may exist and effectively resolve disputes involving digital data to the benefit of both their clients. Whether the case involves commingled personal and company data on a mobile device or proprietary and confidential data requiring removal from a competitor’s entire network, LOGICFORCE can help.
Our team of experts evaluates each case and determines the best course of action to resolve the dispute. We work closely with both parties to develop an acceptable resolution protocol for the parties to agree to, or for the court to order.
LOGICFORCE works as the confidential intermediary and bears the burden of resolving the technical issues involved with these complex matters. We keep all parties informed of our progress while ensuring all parties’ data remains confidential. Here are some common scenarios where you may find this service useful:
- An employee leaves Company A, taking highly confidential and proprietary data to a new employer (Company B), a direct competitor. The employee disseminates confidential data to others within Company B, where it proliferates through the new employer’s network. Company A learns of the breach and files suit against the former employee and his new employer. To bring resolution to the dispute, Company B agrees to have a LOGICFORCE neutral expert examine their network, locate all confidential data, preserve it, and have it permanently removed from their system with minimal disruption to Company B’s business operations.
- During litigation, an employee’s personal phone is identified as possibly containing data relevant to the case. Naturally, the employee’s phone also contains personal information the employee does not want their employer to have access to. LOGICFORCE’s forensic neutral services will step in to ensure confidential personal information is held private while the relevant data is properly preserved and produced. The process of separating personal data from potentially relevant data safeguards the interests of both parties and the potential conflict between employee and employer is thwarted.
In situations such as these, all parties benefit from a digital forensic neutral: someone who both parties can trust to deliver a thorough forensic investigation and take steps to remediate the situation they uncover.
Electronic discovery is a critical component of corporate litigation. The process of identifying and preserving data in ways that satisfy opposing counsel and the courts is crucial. Allegations of tampering and spoliation can cause a case to get side-tracked, the cost of litigation to skyrocket, and degrade the level of trust between the client and law firm.
The meeting between counsel and the client’s IT group can oftentimes be challenging – almost as if the parties are speaking two different languages. These communications gaps can be costly and create confusion during the litigation process. LOGICFORCE Digital Forensics can bridge the communication gap between IT teams and legal counsel because we are fluent in both languages.
During eDiscovery collections, we make every effort to avoid business disruptions and perform our work around your client’s needs. Most of our collections can be performed remotely, which speeds the collection process and reduces preservation costs.
Avoid these pitfalls by bringing the LOGICFORCE Digital Forensics team on board early in your eDiscovery process. Our services will help you save money and achieve a successful outcome.
EMPLOYEE DEPARTURE SERVICES
As employees move on from one organization to the next, and as data assets have become more mobile, the chances of data theft have become especially high. Often these thefts do not come to light until months after an employee has left. In the interim, as a normal course of doing business, artifacts are often destroyed that could have been pertinent to the matter.
This can frustrate chances for a favorable outcome in discovering the damage done, recovery or containment of the lost material, or in determining the amount of legal exposure to the parties.
Fortunately, LOGICFORCE has identified this problem and has a cost effective and easy-to-apply solution. As part of LOGICFORCE’s employee departure services, we will work with law firms or clients directly to develop and implement a departure preservation protocol for companies to follow. These protocols are usually reserved for high-level and strategic positions where the chances of critical data theft are highest.
LOGICFORCE can remotely execute the preservation process within hours, instead of days, of an employee’s departure, which allows for critical temporal data to be retained. LOGICFORCE can perform a preliminary review of the data for indications of theft or simply retain this preserved data off-site until a need for examination arises. LOGICFORCE’s Digital Forensics team can take these steps on your behalf, placing your firm in the best possible position to be successful in resolving disputes quickly, while allowing the client’s technology resources to be recycled to new employees with no adverse consequences.
DIGITAL FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS
Here are examples of the services we offer as part of our Digital Forensics investigative capabilities:
- Expert testimony in courtrooms, boardrooms or any room where an independent and expert third-party perspective is needed.
- Technical translation between IT departments and legal professionals. Many lawyers struggle to effectively communicate with IT departments.
- Technical advice to clients who are unsure about how to handle data and devices. Some of our clients do not know where to start when they are handed devices and told there might be evidence on them. These clients call us to ensure the devices are processed properly.
- Mobile device expertise – we have a forensic laboratory with specialized equipment that enables us to collect and analyze data from these devices.
- Technical discovery – we help clients to understand digital discovery, what the evidence means and how it applies to the case at hand.
- Any matter requiring an investigation where data and digital devices are involved. If you are not sure, it is better to call us than to have regrets later about how you handled devices and data. Our skills and capabilities continually evolve, placing us ahead of the curve.
To learn more about these services, please click the Next Page link below or click on What Can You Expect at the top of this page.
When you engage LOGICFORCE to provide Digital Forensic services, you can expect that we will properly preserve digital evidence from a wide array of digital devices and systems and that you will be able to act with certainty on that evidence. Claims of spoliation or data alteration will be discredited. We provide defensible methodologies and testify as an expert witness when needed. We will be a partner who is in your corner, deploying the latest technologies to help you win.
Why You Need This
Being a lawyer is hard enough these days. You do not need to attempt expertise in technologies and forensic processes that are complicated to understand and manage. We will do that for you.
DIGITAL FORENSIC NEUTRAL-PARTY SERVICES
When you engage our digital forensic neutral-party services, you can expect:
- The utmost discretion and sensitivity to confidential data.
- A thorough, accurate and unbiased investigation that will find the data in question.
- A fair and objective approach to collaborative discussions and decision-making at a time when tensions run high. We are even-tempered professionals experienced in many challenging situations with the ability to maintain resolute objectivity.
- A data-backed assessment of how proprietary information came to be on someone else’s network – whether accidentally or intentionally.
- An approach to remediating data that completely removes it from networks or media where it should not be present and a certification from us that all data at issue has been destroyed.
- A resolution to these matters which prevents expensive and protracted litigation that can seriously distract executives from their jobs or disrupt business – potentially for years.
- Evidence to support further action you may take after data remediation, should you decide to take any additional steps in seeking legal restitution.
When you engage us for eDiscovery collections you can expect:
- Interactions with the client’s IT team and other technical staff will proceed smoothly and with efficiency.
- The digital evidence will be preserved in its complete and original format, allowing you to defend against claims of spoliation or tampering.
- The methodologies we use will stand up in court and we will back that up as expert witnesses on your behalf.
- Your digital evidence collection will occur quickly and accurately. The costs and overall timeline will proceed with accurate forecasts.
EMPLOYEE DEPARTURE SERVICES
When you engage us for employee departure services, you can expect:
- Exiting employees will think twice about using any digital assets and intellectual property they may have taken with them.
- The devices and data sets involved with the employee will be quickly and properly preserved. This will include valuable temporal data that is easily lost.
- Having real and accurate data at your fingertips, you will be in the best possible position to quickly act against former employees who might otherwise do you great damage, which may otherwise be undetected for months.
- A proactive approach to protecting your intellectual property and maintaining the value of it over time.
DIGITAL FORENSIC INVESTIGATIONS
When you engage us for digital forensic investigation services, you can expect:
- You will be able to collect digital evidence from a wide array of devices.
- We will help you make sense of the overall digital puzzle by collecting and analyzing digital evidence from many differing but relevant sources – not just computers.
- You will have a much better grasp on the activities of your subjects as indicated by hard data from the investigation.
- You will have a partner to go to court with you – should this be required – to serve as an expert witness. We will explain our collection procedures to those who may not understand and explain our rationale for how we interpret the data.
- Our digital forensic team members are well-versed in courtroom procedures and have been recognized as experts in federal and many states courts.
LOGICOFORCE’s approach to delivering Digital Forensic services draws upon the expertise of former law enforcement professionals who are fully trained and experienced in digital investigations. This team understands technology and knows how to work with lawyers, IT staff, senior executives and the courts.
How This Benefits You
With our digital forensics team on your side, you have a distinct competitive advantage over lawyers who do not have the level of technological sophistication we bring to the table. With us on your side, you win.
HOW WE DELIVER DIGITAL FORENSIC SERVICES
Our approach to delivering digital forensic services usually follows the steps outlined below:
- Initial consultation
- Identification of desired outcomes, stakeholders and key success metrics
- Recommendations on the best approach
- Customized forensics investigations – based on your specific needs
- Reporting and analysis of findings
- Expert testimony, if required
- Data remediation, if required
During the initial consultation, we ask you a series of questions to understand the nature of your matter. We deploy a standardized, yet flexible approach to ensure we identify what you are trying to accomplish and any sensitivities we need to pay heed to as the matter unfolds.
We analyze the needs of the case and provide you with a protocol most likely achieve to your goals. We conduct our investigations using the developed protocols and provide you with written and verbal reports in a manner that will be easy to understand and explain to your client.
If required, we will come to a courtroom or boardroom to personally explain our findings and preservation methodologies.