A Vibrant Technology Ecosystem
Technology – more specifically a technology ecosystem – is the key to unlocking your growth potential. This concept may not be entirely intuitive to you, so please allows us to build the business case for why you should focus in this area.
As digital devices, computer systems and big data have overtaken our modern life, the business of law has been radically transformed in three critical areas: core IT systems, eDiscovery and cyber security. It is rare to find a legal matter today that does not include electronically stored information. The core IT systems of a law firm are very complex now, often as sophisticated as a Fortune 500 firm. Cyber security hacks are a constant threat to law firms insomuch that corporations in regulated industries often require their legal partners to pass technical audits just to qualify for the business.
Lawyers depend on technology systems today more than ever and that dependence is only going to increase in the coming years. But here’s the problem. Lawyers are not technologists. So what do most law firms do? They usually take one of three approaches. They either hire internal people, hire technology consultants or try a combination of both.
More often than not, these approaches fail or underperform. As core IT systems, eDiscovery and cyber security have grown in complexity, risk and expense, it has become very challenging for technology people to keep up. This means that most internal IT people are focusing on day-to-day operations. Most technology consultants have core expertise in technology, but not in legal business strategy. The result is that no one is looking at your horizon and telling you definitively where you should be making technology investments that align with your business goals, both now and in the future.
This is why you need SEITS®. Through this comprehensive assessment, you will come to understand how technology is the single biggest strategic enabler of the growth you desire. You’ll also see how your technology ecosystem can be dramatically improved to realize your business goals. You’ll receive a blueprint in plain language that you can understand and that makes sense to you. Best of all, these insights come from LOGICFORCE, the most trusted name in legal technology.
What Can You Expect
When you engage LOGICOFORCE to provide a Synthesis E-IT Secure® (SEITS® for short) assessment, you can expect a thoughtful and holistic analysis of your current technology ecosystem, a clear articulation of your business goals and a practical strategy to unite the two. Achieving alignment between your technology strategy, technology ecosystem and business goals is the ultimate outcome of SEITS®.
What Is A Technology Ecosystem?
We recognize that this term – technology ecosystem – might not be familiar to you. So please allow us to explain what we mean by it and why we place so much emphasis on it.
Think of a traditional ecosystem for just a moment, say for instance a rainforest. In that environment, plants, animals, trees, the weather and other factors contribute to the health of the rainforest. Each player has a job to do and they are interdependent on one another. If any one of them doesn’t do their part, the rainforest suffers. But if they work together harmoniously, they produce one of the most bio-diverse and lush ecosystems in the world. Rainforests are amazing.
The same thing is true for your technology ecosystem. You need all of the components to be healthy and functioning at their peak. But you also need them to interact with each other effectively because they are interdependent, just like a rainforest. When your technology ecosystem is healthy, it produces financial outcomes that are akin to the richness of the rainforest.
Your technology ecosystem includes three critical components: core IT, eDiscovery and cyber security. Here is our experience. If you can achieve excellence in these three areas, you’ll not only grow, you’ll dramatically improve profits, attract the right new talent and clearly differentiate from your competition. You’ll produce a business that is so healthy and strong that you don’t have to worry about the future. SEITS® produces peace of mind.
When you engage LOGICFORCE for a SEITS® assessment, you can expect some of the deepest insights, unique to your firm, that you have ever received:
- A clear and simple articulation of your stated business objectives and growth goals.
- A thorough assessment and deep-dive analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your current technology ecosystem using our proprietary 8-levers-of-success criteria.
- An analysis of your technology strategy and how effectively it is aligned today with your stated business objectives.
- A clear delineation of your current risks and short-term recommended steps to fix these right away.
- A set of comparators for your firm and technology ecosystem, showing you in clear terms how you stack up against best-in-class law firms: bleeder, leader, follower or laggard.
- An easy-to-understand blueprint of where you need to make investments and build infrastructure to achieve your business goals.
- A set of recommendations about how to achieve a high-performance technology ecosystem in a way that you can afford.
These are the outcomes you can expect if you follow our counsel:
- You’ll have a technology ecosystem that is highly secure and that meets or exceeds the compliance requirements of every major regulatory body, including: FINRA, FDIC, HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and others.
- You’ll gain the ability to compete for and win accounts in industries that make technical audits a precursor to doing business with you.
- You’ll develop a technology ecosystem that allows you to compete with and win against law firms that are many times your size.
- Your staff will become much more engaged in their day-to-day work as complaints about technology disappear and productivity soars.
- Your billing rates will likely improve substantially compared to where they are today – all without adding a single new person.
- Your profits will rise to levels that are well above industry averages.
- You’ll be able to attract new and young talent who appreciates what technology can do and who want to make their careers with firms who get technology.
- You’ll gain a clear picture of where you need to make technology investments that align with your business plans and future growth goals.
- You’ll gain a strategic plan for your law firm that produces peace of mind. You will feel confidence and certainty that the investments you will make in your technology ecosystem, some of the largest and most important investments you can make, will actually produce the outcomes you want to see.
LOGICFORCE’s approach to delivering the Synthesis E-IT Secure® (SEITS® for short) service draws upon the experience and wisdom of top legal consultants, technology strategists, cyber security analysts, eDiscovery experts and digital forensics authorities. This team knows how to build and manage technology ecosystems that produce outstanding financial results. The SEITS® assessment is unique to LOGICFORCE and is based on our proprietary 8-levers-of-success criteria.
Our Proprietary 8-Levers-Of-Success
When you engage LOGICFORCE to deliver SEITS®, you can expect to receive insights in the 8 areas that must be mastered to produce an outstanding technology ecosystem:
- IT systems
- Cyber Security
- Staff interviews
- Technology leadership
- Financial returns and total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Third-party providers and partners
The Seits® Methodology
To produce meaningful insights, comparators and a technology blueprint, LOGICFORCE delivers SEITS® according to this 5-phase methodology:
- On-site technology assessments and stakeholder interviews.
- Analysis of findings and development of comparators to best-in-class firms.
- Construction of your custom technology blueprint.
- Presentation of findings, comparators and the technology blueprint.
- Recommendations for next steps and affordability of our recommendations.